Non Productive Time (NPT) happens in operations. Rarely do operations run as efficiently as they could or go as planned. NPT in operations is expensive. Saving even hours of time by being more efficient can be a big prize. Not surprisingly, it is also present in the organizations that support operations and in how they manage the structure of their documents, the flow of the data (information) within those documents, and in the processes used to create them. This inefficiency is noise and turbulence in your organizations. Whether invited to work on one or all aspects of your information flow, J. Wilson & Associates addresses your project needs based on time-tested and proven models to reduce Office NPT™ in your organizations.
REDUCING OFFICE NPT™
In our efforts to increase the efficiency of client operations we often see several reoccurring themes where we are asked to work:
- Developing operations manuals for well planning, drilling, completions, and interventions operations
- Formatting and polishing project documents and deliverables
- Constructing and optimizing easy to understand project document management solutions, including network well file folder layouts
- Optimizing collaboration using tools such as SharePoint
- Creating and managing document management and document control systems
- Developing, implementing, and managing well planning processes and the resulting deliverable documents
Our personnel are proficient at handling and editing files created in a variety of programs. This in turn lightens the load on the engineering team, thus reducing Office NPT™ because they no longer have to fight the frustrating vagaries of word processing programs and other tools. This ultimately saves a company time and money. Our main goal is to let engineers focus on engineering.
In addition, our attention to detail ensures that the written word actually conveys the information intended by the author(s). A document is only valuable if it successfully delivers the intended message.